Autodesk Civil 3D With and Without Corridor EZ for Civil 3D
Ryan Caudell from CAD Support Plus Takes the First Corridor EZ Challenge
CAD Support Plus has been a long term trainer for Civil 3D. He knows how difficult corridors are to create, manage and edit.
Ryan took on the challenge of creating a corridor model for a subdivision consisting of:
- 7 Roads
- 10 Intersections
- 2 Cul de sacs
- 3 Widenings
- 1 Turning lane
What are his findings?
- It took 3.8 hours to build the corridor with Civil 3D
- Using the same alignments with Project Assist, the same corridor was generated in 10 minutes along with automatic Civil 3D profile generation.
What were his comments:
- Adjusting the vertical design in Corridor EZ was easy. Press update and the new corridor was updated as were the Civil 3D profiles
- Balancing cut and fill along a road in Civil 3D is time consuming. With Corridor EZ you can update a profile to reflect balanced cut and fill with a single command.
- Junior designers, who often do not understand corridors will be productive with Corridor EZ in hours.