Corridor EZ was launched on the Civil 3D App Store in July 2023. Interestingly, it was first introduced to North America at Autodesk University 2007!
When Angel Espinoza, an Autodesk Civil 3D Guru, tested Corridor EZ in 2007 he wrote in his blog:
“To do 33 intersections along 26 streets in 4 minutes is ama-za-zing stuff. And, imagine what this will do for those involved with preliminary design and visualization, I cannot think of a better tool to do that.
Oh, and I almost forgot the most impressive thing of all. Profiles of crossing streets are linked by the software. If I raise or lower a major road… ALL CROSSING ROAD PROFILES ARE ADJUSTED TO MATCH AUTOMATICALLY! Yes, all crossing road profiles. That includes the curb return profiles. We do not have to go back and adjust them manually. How awesome is that!”
Unfortunately, without any supporting infrastructure in the United States, Corridor EZ did not gain significant traction.
The software continued to be developed, in Australia, as Civil Site Design, and was extended to support both AutoCAD and BricsCAD. It has been marketed and supported in the US by ChasmTech and ChasmTech partners since 2016.
To provide the required infrastructure in the US, ChasmTech principals recommended establishing a formal presence in the United States focused on US issues. To that end:
- All development efforts, worldwide, were consolidated into Civil Survey Applications PTY
- Civil Survey Applications LLC (CSA) was established in 2021 based in Florida
- CSA implemented a formal program to recruit both resellers and Civil 3D consultants to assist with training and deployment assistance
Recognizing that Civil Site Design was overkill for most Civil 3D users, it was decided to reintroduce Corridor EZ.
The objective was to:
- Remove functionality not related to road design
- Add key functionality that was missing in Civil 3D
- To provide learning and deployment resources that would allow experienced Civil 3D users to more than quadruple their productivity while allowing inexperienced users to become Civil 3D productive in days.